Choosing a Property Management Company in Hudson, Wisconsin
There are many options for Property Management in Hudson, Wisconsin. In Wisconsin the ability to manage property for others requires a Real Estate Brokers License. Even though licensing is handled in the same way as real estate, Property Managers are often different than Real Estate Companies.
Choosing a Property Manager
Since Hudson is so close, and part of, the Twin Cities Market, there are hundreds of companies to choose from. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a Hudson Property Manager:
1. Are they licensed in the State of Wisconsin. It is important not only that they are a licensed broker, but licensed in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Is property management their main business? Sure, your Realtor can manage your property, but are they trained in all of the specifics of Property Management? Property Management has many laws including laws handling choosing tenants, damage deposit, service animals, and much much more. It is always a good idea to meet with your Hudson Property Manager, make sure they understand the nuances and differences in both Property Management and specifically Property Management in Wisconsin.
Interviewing a Property Manager
There are a few things you should ask when interviewing a Property Manager. For example:
1. What is your pricing? The cost of a Property Management company can vary widely. Some charge a percentage of rent, for example 8% or 10%. Some charge a flat fee. While it may seem obvious which is the better price, you need to know things like what charges are there when the product is vacant? What do you charge for setup, for renewals, even evictions.
2. How do you handle maintenance? You will want to know if they have their own Maintenance Company, if so, are they licensed, what do they charge? Do they have 24 hour service.
3. What sort of properties do you manage? Many companies specialize in specific management. For example, Single Family Homes, or Multi-Family such as duplexes and Apartments. Commercial Property Managers and Association Management are also very unique skills. You will want to find out what they have management in the past and what they do best.
4. Are they members of any trade associations? These associations often provide education in Property Management. For example, NARPM, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, or MHA, the Minnesota Multi-Housing Association.
Who Are the Property Management Companies in Hudson, WI?
So who are some of the Property Management Companies in Hudson, Wisconsin? There are many great options in the area, and there are several right in Hudson. For example:
PMC Management Group
I am sure there are others, but these companies have been around in Hudson, Wisconsin for some time now.
Hopefully this helps you both find a great Property Manager in Hudson, Wisconsin, but also help you choose the best property management company for you!